The Black Hawk County Solid Waste Management Commission will be partnering with the City of Cedar Falls to sponsor the Fall Electronics and Household Hazardous Materials Drop-off Event. This event is open to all Black Hawk County residents to recycle old electric and electronic devices (certain fees apply), as well as dispose of toxic substances from their homes and garages.
Saturday, August 25th from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Cedar Falls Public Works Complex - Located at 1500 Bluff Street in Cedar Falls, Iowa
(Follow the signs from the corner of Main Street and 14th Street on the day of the event)
• Black Hawk County Residents are invited to bring old electric or electronic items from their homes.
• 2 Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) are accepted free of charge per household/vehicle. Each additional CRT is $5.
• CRTs can be found in old NON-flat screen TV sets and older NON-flat screen styles of computer monitors.
• All other electric and electronic devices (including flat screen TVs/computers) are accepted free of charge.
• All devices will be safely recycled through Midwest Electronic Recovery in Walford, Iowa.
• Click here for more details and a list of devices that will/will not be accepted.
• No appliances (microwaves, dehumidifiers, washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, etc).
• No business waste will be accepted. Please contact Midwest Electronic Recovery.
• Exact CASH only. Bills larger than $20 will NOT be accepted.
• including: NON-flat screen computer moniters and NON-flat screen television sets
• flat screen computer monitors, flat screen televisions, laptops, keyboards, mice, computer towers, routers, desktop copiers, printers, fax machines, cables, cell phones, home phones, video game systems, DVD/VCR players, handheld electronics, curling irons, hair dryers, radios, stereos, cassette players, record players, vacuums, fans, countertop kitchen appliances (toasters, mixers, blenders, can openers, etc)
• Bring household toxic materials for free and safe disposal
• The drop-off is open to all Black Hawk County Residents (for residential hazardous waste only)
• All materials will be safely disposed or recycled through Clean Harbors.
• Click here for more details and a list of materials that will/will not be accepted.
• No paint, used oil, antifreeze, or appliances please.
• No business waste of any kind will be accepted.
• items such as: clogged aerosol cans, rechargable batteries, fluorescent light bulbs (compact and tube), ballasts, mercury (switches and thermometers), furniture/metal polish, wallpaper remover, floor care products, and various types of toxic cleaners.
• products such as: insect spray, rat/mouse/gopher poison, and fungicides.
• items such as: pool chemicals, concrete cleaner, acids and bases, auto cleaners, varnish, car wax, brake fliud, driveway sealer, epoxy, glues, gasoline, kerosene, lighter fluid, petroleum-based adhesives, roofing tar, shellac, and propane tanks.
(washers, dryers, microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, stoves dehumidifiers, etc)
• Motor oil
• Fire extinguishers
• Smoke detectors
• Alkaline batteries (Single use AAA, AA, 9-volt, etc)
• Radioactive materials
• Non-hazardous waste (please use your weekly garbage service)
• Business waste of any type (call for a list of vendors that work with local businesses)
Event Flyer PDF - DOWNLOAD
Click here for a printable list of items that will/will NOT be accepted during the event